Community Non-Profit Organizations
How to Request Meeting/Event Space in the University Union
501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations. Please note: we are not able to accommodate nonprofits with a designation other than 501(c)3.
If this is your first time booking space in The University Union, please send a detailed letter on your organization’s letterhead and a copy of your organization’s determination letter from the IRS indicating their classification of your organization as a 501(c)3 nonprofit.
All requests for space must be in writing. For subsequent requests, there is no need to use letterhead nor to include the determination letter. We will keep these on file.
All requests must be in writing. We accept requests in three forms:
- Email email@example.com
- Fax (916) 278-7503
- Walk-in (our office is located on the 3rd floor inside the University Union)
Initial requests from an organization which has not booked previously must be on letterhead as detailed above.
Requests must provide the following Information in writing:
- General information
- Summary of purpose and mission of the organization
- Contact information (should be for the person making the request and for the authorized signer if different from requestor)
- First and last name
- Contact phone (and fax if applicable)
- Company address
- Email address
- Detailed information about the event
- Day & date
- Event start and end time
- Early or late access needed to room (if different from actual event time)
- Event title (will be shown on monitors and on calendar)
- Specific room(s) desired (if known)
- Anticipated number of people to attend
- Admission/participation/registration fee (if any)
- Basic set-up type desired
- Audio-visual equipment needed (if applicable)
- Food arrangements required (if applicable)
Other Important Information
- You may book space for your event up to 1 year in advance of your date.
- If you have any questions please contact us at 916-278-6743.