About UNIQUE Programs
UNIQUE Programs is a Sac State volunteer group that brings innovative, quality entertainment to campus. Student volunteers work hard each semester to plan, promote and produce all UNIQUE events. Begun in 1978 with the central goal of creating outstanding entertainment and educational opportunities that take place in the University Union. Started with one professional staff member and a handful of students putting on comedy shows and special events. Has grown to produce concerts, "nooners", lectures, performing arts, and multicultural programs.
- Nooners: Variety of events, usually on Wednesdays at Noon
- Performing Arts, Films, Concerts, Cultural Affairs & Major Lectures varies, often on Thursday evenings.
- Low cost to the campus
- Low ticket price to the individual
- Good attendance at each event
- Student involvement in selection, promotion, production, and evaluation of events. Variety of events that offer 'something for everybody'
- High quality of programs
- The University Union fee that students pay covers building operation, maintenance, and debt. A small portion of that fee goes to UNIQUE.
- Associated Students funds UNIQUE's Cultural Affairs and Lecture series.
- On "ticketed" events, we need top generate revenue to cover 65%-85% of our expenses
Meetings (Choose Either One)
Mondays at noon, Tuesdays at noon Capital Room, University Union 3rd Floor.
We try to show our volunteers as much appreciation as we can for their time and effort. Among our efforts includes recognizing a Volunteer of the Month each month during the academic year.