How to Request Meeting/Event Space in The University Union
All requests must be in writing. We accept requests in three forms:
- Email email@example.com
- Fax: (916) 278-7503
- Walk-in: Our office is located on the third floor of the University Union.
Requests must provide the following Information:
- General Information
- Brief description of meeting/event.
- Contact information. This should be for the person making the request and the authorized signer, if different from requestor.
- First and last name
- Phone number (and fax if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Detailed Information about the event
- Day & date
- Event start and end time
- Early or late access needed to room (if different from actual event time)
- Event title
- Specific room(s) desired (if known)
- Anticipated number of people to attend
- Admission/participation/registration fee (if any)
- Basic set-up type desired
- Audio-visual equipment needed (if applicable)
- Food arrangements required (if applicable)
*Student requests for anything other than a general business meeting must start with an Advisor from the Student Organizations & Leadership Office.
Other Important Information
- Student Organizations – For Special Events (anything other than a general meeting), please start with your Student Organizations and Leadership advisor.
- University Departments – If working with an off-campus group, this is considered a “University Sponsored” event. Please contact the Event Services Office to discuss details and appropriate room rates. Departmental rates are only available for events which are initiated, planned and executed by a campus department/center/program.
- University Departments can book special events up to 18 months in advance.
- Student Organizations can book special events up to 24 months in advance.
- Regularly scheduled General Meetings are booked twice a year in April and November for the following semester.